Meet your new favorite gluten-free cookie - chewy, gooey gluten-free s'mores cookies with gluten-free graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and dark chocolate. Everything you want in s'mores but in form of a cookie. Campfire is optional but not required.
If you love s'mores, make sure to check out my Gluten Free S'mores Donuts as well!
Recipe Ingredient Notes
Gluten-Free Flour: I tested this recipe with Better Batter and King Arthur Measure for Measure. Both blends already contain xanthan gum. If you use Cup4Cup or Bob's Red Mill please be advised your dough might be on the stickier side. IF your blend does not contain xanthan please add 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
Gluten-Free Mini Marshmallows: I highly recommend using vegan marshmallows such as Dandies All Natural Marshmallows in this recipe. Vegan marshmallows tend to hold their shape better. Gelatin which is found in most marshmallows melts very quickly and therefore the marshmallows melt away when baking. Vegan marshmallows have thickening agents such as agar which has a higher melting point and therefore takes longer to melt. Vegan Marshmallows are actually widely available these days - even Trader Joe’s now has vegan marshmallows. Marshmallows are naturally gluten-free but please make sure to check the packaging for gluten-free certification.
Gluten-Free Graham Crackers: Those can be found in most specialty stores. A personal favorite is Pamela's Honey Grahams and Schar Honey Grahams.
Chocolate: I use dark chocolate chunks, chopped-up milk chocolate, and chopped-up Valrhona Manjari 64% in this recipe. I opted to use a chopped-up block vs my usual feves since the chopped-up chocolate gives the cookies a more rustic look. Feel free to use a mix of chocolate or just stick with one kind as long as you use a total of 200 grams.
How to bake and decorate the Gluten Free S'mores Cookies
- Start with portioning out your rested and chilled s'mores cookie dough with a cookie scoop. I use #20 for this recipe
- Arrange six cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, top each cookie with chopped up chocolate, mini marshmallows and graham crackers
- Bake an additional 6-7 minutes
- Remove the cookies from the oven, sprinkle with flaky sea salt and use a round cutter to scoot your cookies into perfect round shape.
- IF you like, use your mini torch and toast the marshmallows
FAQ for Gluten Free S'mores Cookies
Can I use All Purpose Flour in this recipe?
If would like to recreate those delectable s'mores cookies please make the following adjustments: use 350 grams of All Purpose Flour and swap the gluten-free graham crackers to "regular" graham crackers.
I don't have a #20 Cookie Scoop - can I use a smaller one?
Yes. If you are using a smaller cookie scoop, please make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I use your gluten free multipurpose blend in this recipe?
OF COURSE! You can find the recipe right here: DIY Gluten Free Mulitpurpose Blend
Why is this recipe in grams?
My recipes are posted in grams since baking by weight is the most accurate way to bake. Digital Scales are very affordable and can be found on Amazon for less than a set of measuring cups. Measuring cups are very inaccurate and can cause significant errors when it comes to baking. Especially since I bake with gluten-free flours which weigh differently than “regular” flours. I do provide some ingredients like spices and leavening agents in measuring spoons
Want to be the first to know when a new recipe is live?
Make sure to sign up for my “New Recipe Alert” e-mail list – You may sign up here
- 226 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams light brown sugar
- 100 grams white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 415 grams Gluten Free Flour Blend (*see Note)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 200 grams of chopped chocolate
- 50 grams gluten free chopped graham cracker
- 75 grams Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped up dark chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers
- Flaky Sea Salt such as Maldon for finishing
How to make the Gluten-Free S'mores Cookie Dough
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine room temperature butter, both sugars, vanilla, and salt and beat at medium speed for 6-8 minutes until fluffy and pale. Halfway through, pause to scrape the bowl and beater with a flexible spatula.
- In the meantime combine gluten-free flour, baking powder, and baking soda and ground cinnamon in a separate bowl and set aside.
- With the mixer running on low, add the eggs, letting each of them fully incorporate. Pause your mixer to scrape down the sides.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Add your chopped-up chocolate, mini marshmallows and graham crackers at a low speed just to combine. You don’t want to overmix and break up all the gluten-free graham crackers.
- Transfer the batter to a tupperware container and let the dough rest for at least 4hrs in your fridge - better even if you can let it sit for 12hrs or longer. During this process the flour hydrates and develops flavor.
- Once your cookie dough has rested peacefully in the fridge for an extended period of time, use a 2 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop (I refer to this as the #20 - yellow scoop) and portion the cookie dough. This recipe should give you 20-24 cookies, depending on how much cookie dough you snacked on.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Arrange 6 cookie dough balls on a baking sheet. Make sure you leave some room for spreading. Place the the remainder of the cookie dough in fridge (or freezer for future use)
- Bake Cookies for 10 minutes and remove the tray from the oven. Top each cookie with chopped up chocolate, mini marshmallows and graham crackers. Return the cookies to the oven.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden and beginning to set. The baking time depends on personal preference (and your oven).
- Remove from the oven, and if desired, use a round cookie cutter slightly larger than the cookie to scoot them into a perfectly round shape. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. If you would like, use atorch to carefully toast your marshmallows.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking pan before moving to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining dough if you would like.
Gluten Free Flour: I tested this recipe with Better Batter and King Arthur Measure for Measure. Both blends already contain xanthan gum. If you use Cup4Cup or Bob's Red Mill please be advised your dough might be on the stickier side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Trans Fat: 0g